Sunday, January 24, 2010

Welcome back- throw open the Cupboard Doors!

Fling open the doors- Saria's Cupboard is bursting with great stuff!



First and foremost, welcome back to us all. Glad to be back. Let's continue our adventure of learning and preparedness together.

Second, as always, feel free to give me lots of feedback. I don't have all the answers- actually, very few answers. But I'm learning & understanding more and more. This is my universal invitation to talk to me and correct me and help me and keep me straight. Thanks.



WATER:
The Haiti earthquake pictures still haunt me. I pray for those people suffering and trying just to survive. For me, if there is one good thing that can came of this, I hope to prepare myself better. Which brings me to the main thing I've learned from Haiti: WATER. Water really is that critical.

We need water in times of emergency.

So let's talk about water. Do I have enough stored? Honestly, probably not. Do you? No judgement from me- it's meant to be a probing question. Please ask yourself.

If you honestly hesitated or answered "no" to having enough water, let's talk options.

Our ward is emphasizing water storage. We have a source for used 55 gallon water barrels. If you buy one, it will be cleaned, sanitized, delivered and FILLED at your choice of location inside/outside/ beside/by your home.

And all this for $10.

The barrels are $10, the service of cleaning and placing and filling is being provided as part of a service/eagle project. Flyers are coming around from Connor Henderson. But just in case you miss it, I can help you as well. (I like to work with people. :)

So here's my action item: If you need a water barrel, please let me know. The price can't be beat, the service is terrific, the preparedness is essential.

Here's the goal of the Ward: to DOUBLE the amount of water storage that we currently have. Picture what you've got right now and DOUBLE it.

Their goal is based on the following recommendations:
The CDC recommends each individual have 5 gallons of water per day, with at least a 2 week storage. (So for our family of 6- that's 30 gallons a day, x 14 days... that's 420 gallons.) And that's the lowest recommended. Ok, so it's clear to me that we (the Ott household) doesn't have enough water.

If you care to join me in ordering more water barrels, let me know.

Our time frame is ASAP. Would you get back to me by this Saturday, Jan 30, 2010?

Our urgency is partially based on barrel availability. We want to get 'em before they're gone.

Blogs:
Most of you received this as an e-mail. But for your convenience and mine, I've also logged this e-mail and all future e-mails as blog entries. This way, you can find this anytime. You can also search the "archives" and find things you're looking for. (At this very moment the archives are thin- yes, emaciated. but we'll fix that quick enough.)

The blog address is: www.sariascupboard.blogspot.com

You'll keep receiving e-mails, that won't change. But this way, there's more ways to get us together. :)

Coming up next week: Recipes, Bargain hunting, and Water Barrel follow up.

"Strive not to be a success. But rather to be of Value." Albert Einstein
"Don't count the days. Make the days count." Muhammad Ali
"Normal is just a setting on the dryer." Barbara Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment